Friday, February 5, 2010

Continued Refinement

Below is a collection of images of the table running at the improved scale.
The operating resolution is set to 1280x720.  With a max resolution of 1400x1080 or some such.  I've run it at max res and it looks good.  The InFocus XS1 does a good job of scaling resolutions over it's native 1024x768.  It is also worth nothing that the machine I'm using to drive this table is a Toshiba M200 which does not have digital output.  Using DVI I could probably get higher fidelity of image.  Still, I'm not about to start complaining!

Worth noting, the image projected is still blurred due to the double reflection of rear faced mirrors compounded by using two of them.  I'm waiting till I'm completely done testing to attempt the task of removing the protective coating from the rear face of the mirror due to the delicate nature of the then unprotected mirrors.

When in use, I added rigid cardboard along the long edges to minimize the camera seeing a passer by.

Apparently Rosco Grey suffers from hot spots fairly significantly.  Unless viewed straight on, the image is very muted into the far distance.  The photos below actually do not show the level of muting which is visible to the naked eye.


  
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment