Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Framing

Initially, I designed the table for a minimal number of relfections.  Using one mirror I'd planned on having the measure roughly 36" across.  After creating the mock up inner frame, I decided that while 36" would be ideal for a game table, it was simply too wide for my space.



The final design I've settled on is 26" - 27" wide and 45" long.  This version uses 2 mirrors and has the projector at a jaunty angle.  Currently my mirrors are acrylic rear face jobs which I plan on using a DIY method I found on-line to remove the protective coating.  There is an interesting link in the comments to the article about an alternate product.  I'm probably going to try both depending on what I can get my hands on tonight.  Additionally, nuigroup has a post linking to lumenlab with a procedure very similar to the instructable.

[diagram]

In both cases the total height to projection surface is 19".

This is excluding the convertible I was considering.  A table top which rotated and maintained aspect ratio through magic.  Reality finally caught hold and I had to ditch the idea for its geometric reality was greater then I.

No comments:

Post a Comment