Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Building the Screen

This first image is of the endlighten, L brackets, Foil tape and IR Ribbon -- exciting!



Here we have the first length of ribbon added to an L bracket.  The depth of the shot really gives you an idea of how long this bar really is.


And put together, no tape yet:


Before taping, I tested the IR with my phone's camera...


I tacked the frame to the screen with small sections of foil tape and reinforced the power connector area from the IR reel with foil tape as well.  The flexibility of the connectors contacts made me rather nervous.  I insulated the connector with small pieces of electrical tape first.  Tacking the frame on allowed me to make sure that all of my edges lined up as I'd hoped.


Once I was satisified with my arrangement I applied a layer of foil tape around the entirty of the frame.


And then I apparently over wrote the image files for the remaining steps I took to create the the prototype I've been using.  How sad...

No comments:

Post a Comment